- The Gerischer Electrochemistry Today 2018 conference was held this week in Boulder, Colorado highlighting advances in semiconductor electrochemistry.
- The group had the chance to listen to many pioneers in the field talk about their research. During the poster session, the group presented on the current directions within the group.
Congratulations to Allan, Michael, and Li! Their paper on the role of photogenerated iodine on the energy conversion properties of MoSe2 liquid junction photovoltaics was accepted to ACS Appl. Mater. & Interfaces.
- Congratulations are in order for Lacey who received the Maciel Fellowship, Colby who received the Rodney K. Skogerboe Scholarship in Chemistry, and Michael who received a Graduate Teaching Assistant Award!
- Congratulations to Colby who passed his Oral Exam on Friday!
- The group participated in an outreach activity with students from the AVID program at Greeley West High School. The kids enjoyed seeing some of the things we do in the group and learning more about what Grad School is like! Thanks to Zach, Lacey, Travis, Colby, and Christy.
- Congrats to Allan and Michael! The group’s first paper on single nanoflake photoelectrochemistry was accepted to J Phys Chem C! Thanks to our NREL collaborators Elisa and Sanjini!
- Congrats to high school student Max Warnock for earning 1st prize in the Chemistry category at the Longs Peak Science and Engineering Fair and 4th place overall! He will compete in the CO state science fair at CSU in April 2018. Thanks to Lacey for assisting Max with Ag nanoparticle syntheses.