Congratulations to Justin and Michael! Their paper on correlated single-molecule reaction imaging and photocurrent measurements was accepted into J. Electrochem Soc. as part of the special focus issue on Semiconductor Electrochemistry and Photoelectrochemistry.
- The group keeps growing! First year graduate student, Merranda Schmid, will be joining the group! She will join Dr. Li Wang on the 2D materials team.
- Colby, Lacey, and Steven recently attended the College of Natural Sciences 30th Annual Scholarship and Fellowship Recognition Luncheon. All three were recipients of a scholarship or fellowship awarded through the College.
- Travis was recently featured in CSU’s SOURCE magazine for his work on building the LEGO microscope. Check out the article here!
- Travis and Steven also demoed the LEGO microscope last Friday for an event hosted by Microbiology. Check out the pictures below.
This past friday, Zach passed his Orals and is now officially a PhD candidate! The group is now 2/2 on candidacy exams!
Congrats to Li on having his cover art submission accepted for ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces! Check out the paper here.
- The Gerischer Electrochemistry Today 2018 conference was held this week in Boulder, Colorado highlighting advances in semiconductor electrochemistry.
- The group had the chance to listen to many pioneers in the field talk about their research. During the poster session, the group presented on the current directions within the group.
Congratulations to Allan, Michael, and Li! Their paper on the role of photogenerated iodine on the energy conversion properties of MoSe2 liquid junction photovoltaics was accepted to ACS Appl. Mater. & Interfaces.
- Congratulations are in order for Lacey who received the Maciel Fellowship, Colby who received the Rodney K. Skogerboe Scholarship in Chemistry, and Michael who received a Graduate Teaching Assistant Award!
- Congratulations to Colby who passed his Oral Exam on Friday!